Leadership Council Minutes
Members Present: Mike Alexa, Rick Allison, Anne Atzinger, Phil Brewer, Jeff Buck, Kathy Heistand, Phil Howard, Audrey Miller, Melissa Truelove, Mark Weatherman, Jeff Wright, Mike Womack
Special Guest: Chris Pittman
- Mike Womack opened the meeting with prayer.
- Sewer Issue Update
· Chris Pittman explained the 3 options for fixing the sewer issue and explained the benefits of tying back into the Greenwood Sewer.
· Chris Pittman will follow up with Greenwood and obtain additional quotes for the options presented.
- The Annual Report to the Charge Conference Requirements
· Mike Womack presented a document with the requirements for reporting to the GMC.
· Most of the requirements have already been gathered in the past so reporting timely should not be a problem.
- Report from the Trafalgar Leadership Team
· The Trafalgar Leadership Team (TLC) met for a town hall meeting to vote on how to move forward with their relationship with Mount Auburn.
· By the end of 2023 the goal is for the Trafalgar Campus to be self-supported and to function independently. Some ideas for reaching this goal are to have a Stewardship Campaign, outreach to the community to grow attendance, regular attenders committing to the 30×30 challenge (30 regular attenders giving $30 a week) and open the church to community usage.
· Trafalgar would follow Mt. Auburn’s policies but would operate their own Leadership Council and send reports to Mt. Auburn’s Leadership Council.
· Mike Womack recommended a monthly written progress report to the Leadership Council with details of the plan.
- Pastor’s Report—Worship Service Evaluation
· Once the 3 goals (IT, Staff/Leadership Development, and Communication) set by the consultation process have been met, the next 90 days will be dedicated to improving worship. We have a quote of $10,000 to upgrade our sound system which will be funded by a congregation member.
· The mentality of worshipping in The Courts is that this is a temporary space and worship is temporary.
· Pastor Jeff proposes evaluating worship, space, sound, and service times (so families can worship together). The focus will not be on music as this is a preference.
· Once a permanent space is established and we get worship right, we need to grow.
· The goal is to have family-oriented worship where everyone can worship together.
· Concern was raised about the flow during services and the awkwardness of transitions.
- West Wall Repair Update
· November and December were spent trying to get insurance approval, and finally in January our insurance company became involved.
· The contractor we planned to work with gave us a detailed quote, but then stopped communicating. We began the process of getting an additional quote, but we are still awaiting communication from that contractor.
· Phil Howard provided the name of another contractor and will follow up to get a quote.
- Financial Reports
· The Stones Crossing Campus had a net profit of $9,983 for April and a net profit of $17,000 year-to-date.
· The Trafalgar Campus had a deficit of $(878) for April and a deficit of $(4,944) year-to-date. Trafalgar’s bank account balance continues to decline.
· The Daycare had a net profit of $2,900 for April and a net profit of $23,414 year-to-date.
· The Daycare Grant money remains at $167,000 and needs to be used.
- Pastor Jeff closed the meeting in prayer.