Leadership Council Minutes
Members Present: Mike Alexa, Rick Allison, Anne Atzinger, Valerie Blessing, Phil Brewer, Jeff Buck, Kathy Heistand, John Thompson, Melissa Truelove, Mike Womack and Jeff Wright
Special Guests: Mark Meyer (Unstuck Group) and Clara Sjoquist (Assistant Director of Communications)
- Pastor Jeff opened the meeting with prayer.
- Presentation from leaders of the 3 areas to work on for 2023 (Unstuck Consultation Process)
a. Communication Strategy
· Clara Sjoquist shared her communication strategy outlining key areas such as basic fundamentals, target audience, key messaging, internal vs. external communication, and the priority of promotions.
· Pastor Jeff and John Thompson will work with Clara on next steps for implementing the communication plan.
b. Staff Structure and Leadership Development
· John Thompson (with the help of Steve Smeltzer) shared the Staffing and Structure Plan and Lay Leadership Development Plan.
· John Thompson and Audrey Miller are working on a staff realignment plan, new job descriptions, and the roll out plan.
· John Thompson and Steve Smeltzer (with the help of Rev. John Wortinger) have developed a Lay Leadership Development Plan that is in alignment with our mission and discipleship plan, and will include job descriptions for the lay leaders.
c. Tech and Database
· Pastor Jeff has met with Cindy Rinehuls (Leader of the tech and database area) and they agree to hold off on implementing a new database for at least 6 months.
· A new database will be studied once the technology issues are improved and the new staff structure is in place.
- Inactive Member List Proposal
· Brenda Reynolds presented a list of inactive church members and proposes moving them to an inactive list in order to keep our database current.
· A motion was made by Jeff Buck to move the proposed list of inactive congregation members to an inactive list and follow up with each person on the list. Mike Womack seconded the motion which was approved.
- Brief Update on February Financials
· Overall February was not as good as January, but better than expected.