Leadership Council Minutes
Members Present: Mike Alexa, Rick Allison, Anne Atzinger, Valerie Blessing, Phil Brewer, Jeff Buck, Kathy Heistand, Phil Howard, Audrey Miller, John Thompson, Melissa Truelove, Mike Womack, Jeff Wright
- Mike Womack opened the meeting with prayer.
- Discussion of Sewer Problem and Potential Solutions
- Mike Alexa gave an update on the ongoing sewer issues.
- The pumps continue to be overworked due to clogging and diminished volume in the line. Currently one pump is shut down to eliminate the pumps working against each other.
- Chris Pittman is working with Bargersville Utilities as well as obtaining quotes to reroute the sewer line into the manhole behind Stones Bay Condominiums. The first quote is just under $50,000.
- Question was raised about reconsidering the option to tie back into Greenwood Sanitation instead of staying with Bargersville as the distance is a little shorter.
- A motion was made by Phil Howard to investigate engineering firms to come up with a comprehensive plan for the best option for a solution to the sewer issues. John Thompson seconded the motion which passed unanimously.
- Discussion of GMC Policy on Congregational Fidelity
- Mike Womack presented Section XIII-Congregational Fidelity of the GMC Policy.
- Each month Mike will highlight a section of the GMC Policy.
- Pastor’s Report
- Pastor Jeff shared the excitement of the youth baptism at the Easter Sunrise Service as well as the other 3 baptisms after Easter. Two of the baptisms resulted out of the Youth Alpha Program. There is much happening with the youth!
- There will be an infant baptism coming up next Sunday.
- Worship attendance is up 11% which is encouraging.
- Mike Womack is the treasurer of the GMC Conference and Pastor Jeff is a presiding elder in the GMC.
- March Financial Reports
- The Stones Crossing Campus had a deficit of $(16,600) for March and a net profit of $32,000 year-to-date. The bank account balance fell below the minimum requirement by $11,289 much in part to 3 payrolls this month instead of 2.
- The Trafalgar Campus had a deficit of $(941) for March and a deficit of $(4,066) year-to-date. The bank account balance is $1,494 above the minimum requirement.
- The Daycare had a deficit of $(14,944) for March and a net profit of $9,700 year-to-date. The bank account balance is $56,583 above the minimum requirement. Grant number #2 has earned $824 in interest and needs to be spent by September.
- An approved Eagle Scout project has been cancelled so $1,500 will come back into the Endowment Account.
- The church name has officially been updated on the cell tower lease, so a check was cut to the church for the 4 months that was not paid.
- Title Insurance will soon be issued as Mike Womack signed the documents and Brenda Reynolds received an invoice.
- Jeff Wright made a motion to recommend BCS for our Cyber Insurance with coverage of $1 million limited liability at a cost of $2,500 a year. Audrey Miller seconded the motion which passed unanimously.