Leadership Council Minutes
Members Present: Mike Alexa, Rick Allison, Anne Atzinger, Valerie Blessing, Phil Brewer, Jeff Buck, Kathy Heistand, John Thompson, Melissa Truelove, Mark Weatherman, Mike Womack, Jeff Wright
1. Mike Womack opened the meeting with prayer.
2. Pastor’s Report
· There is no written report as Pastor Jeff has been out of the country visiting his new grandson.
· Pastor Jeff shared that we have many things to be thankful for but much work to do this year. It’s time to move forward!
· Pastor Mark shared that Trafalgar is experiencing lots of change but is looking forward to what is ahead.
3. Upcoming Consultant (The Unstuck Group) Process
· The consultant’s first visit will be January 29, 2023. This meeting will be 4-5 hours long and the attendees are by invitation only.
· The next meetings will be held in February and March.
4. Disaffiliation Action Item Status
· The outdoor signage has been reordered after an error on the part of the sign company.
· The bus logos have been updated.
· The cross and flame on the side of the building has been removed. Mike Womack recommends painting a cross in place of the one removed.
· A decision needs to be made on whether or not to remove the cross and flame on the gym floor. Brenda Reynolds is looking into the vendor we originally used.
· The name change update for the Endowment Fund and Cell Tower Lease are in process. No lease payments will be made on the cell tower until the name is changed.
5. Line of Credit Status
· The bank has requested 4 years of balance sheets.
· The Leadership Council will need to vote on whether or not to proceed with a line of credit at the February meeting.
6. 2022 Year-End Financial Reports
· The Stones Crossing Campus ended December with a net profit of $24,755 and a deficit of $(26,218) year-to-date.
· The Trafalgar Campus ended December with a deficit of $(1,623) and a deficit of $(27,287) year-to-date.
· The Daycare ended December with a deficit of $(9,141) and a net profit of $33,673 year-to-date.
· The daycare Grant #1 has been closed out. Grant #2 has met the payroll percentage requirement and $168,968 is remaining. Grant projects proposed by Beth Carter are now on hold.
7. 2023 Budget Review and Approval
· The proposed Stones Crossing Budget has a deficit of $(28,566).
· The proposed Trafalgar Budget has a deficit of $(9,112).
· The proposed Daycare Budget has a deficit of $(22,000).
· The combined Campus Budget(Stones Crossing, Trafalgar, and Daycare) has a deficit of $(59,668) which is much less than last year’s shortfall.
· Jeff Wright made a motion to approve the 2023 Budget as a whole for Mount Auburn for Stones Crossing, Trafalgar, and the Daycare. John Thompson seconded the motion which passed unanimously .
8. Pastor Jeff closed the meeting in prayer.